1. Cotton and PU tote, $79.90, Mango at Zalora
This local e-retailer has opened a donation channel on its website, with proceeds going to the purchase of customised care packages for members under Singapore Red Cross.
2. Nylon tote, $19, Baggu at Actually
Its staff has sent over hundreds of Zappy wipes to one of the dormitories in Singapore. To purchase, send a DM to Actually’s Instagram page @actuallysg.
3. Paper tote, $39.90, Uniqlo
This fashion conglomerate has donated over 10 million masks to medical facilities in Japan.
4. Cotton, linen and bamboo reversible top-handle bag, $180, Onlewo
This local design studio has partnered with Sim Ann (Senior Minister of State for Culture, Community and Youth) to help raise funds for the Children’s Aid Society by selling their cotton face masks, which are sewn from fabric fashioned with prints inspired by Singapore.
5. Beaded and leather shoulder bag, US$295 (S$419.44), Staud
10 per cent of sales will go to St. Vincent Meals on Wheels, a LA-based social service organisation that prepares and delivers meals to senior citizens and vulnerable residents in LA.
6. Straw top-handle bag, $50 (UP $89), Luulaa
15 per cent of sales will be donated to the Migrant Workers Assistance Fund via Giving.sg. From June 1, it will also be giving away free reusable cotton masks that are specially designed by its team for purchases above $80 (while stocks last).
7. Canvas and leather bucket bag, $249, Olive Ankara
This local fashion label has also come up with reusable cotton face masks to prevent the spread of Covid-19. 10 per cent of the sales from these masks will be donated to local charities to help migrant workers and needy Singaporeans.
8. Canvas tote, $20, 3Eighth
For every tote purchased, $8 will go to two organisations supporting foreign workers, Transient Workers Count Too (TWC2) and It’s Raining Raincoats, as well as Good Food For Community, a sub-division under social enterprise Society Staples that provides and delivers food to the vulnerable.
9. Patent leather tote, US$343 (S$488.19, UP $490), Loq
10 per cent of the proceeds will go towards “providing protective equipment such as N95 masks and gloves to healthcare workers around the globe”.
10. Canvas and leather shoulder bag, $2,500, Loewe x Paula’s Ibiza at Loewe
For every product purchased from its Paula’s Ibiza collection between May and August, €40 (S$62.10) will go towards educational projects for children affected by Covid-19.